Friday, May 2, 2008

Dr. Appt.

Wednesday I had my 6 week checkup appt. with the vascular surgeon who did my second fistula. He was pleased with the access and said it was ready to use. They will use it a couple of weeks to make sure everything is okay, and then I can call for an appt. and he will remove my perma-cath. I will be glad to be rid of that thing!

I asked the doctor if he would explain to me exactly what he did to my arm. And he did. There is a large vein that runs underneath the arm. He exposed the vein and then retunneled it (I don't have the details of this) up and along the top of the arm and then connected it to an artery near the inside of the elbow. I therefore have a long access area. A nurse at the clinic was impressed with it. I think the surgeon did a good job.

I told them at the clinic today that they could start sticking me again on Monday. I needed to continue my work on Sara's graduation invitations today, so I didn't want to start it today. That's it for today. ~Later

No comments: