Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Dental Update!

It's been a week since I posted and it's time for another dental appt. They had to send my lower denture back to the lab in Kansas I think. My teeth have been places I haven't. LOL! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to eat, but there is plenty I've been able to eat. Most all veggies can be smushed and eaten pretty well. I've come to realize how much we eat for entertainment. What I have missed the most is crunch! I can't wait to get me a big glass of ICE!!! Ya-hooooo!

Everything has gone real well at dialysis. I'm still holding my record of not having any bleeding episodes after dialysis since I've quit using clamps. Everything is pretty much the samo samo.

~Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that travelling and you didn't even have to leave the house!

Did you know that chewing ice is a sign of anemia? Of course, anemia goes hand in hand with kidney failure, so it's not surprising that you like to chew ice (I'm the same way).

Linzie said...

I just came across this site, I think it is great!

Hope the teeth arrive soon!

I am helping a friend of mine with some admin work. She has just written an ebook on Tips for people on Dialysis. Her name is Sheila Shaw and she is the most inspiring person I know.

She was on PD for 5 years and during that time carried on living her life, which includes motorcycling, re-building cars, you name it. I thought you may like to have a look at her site.

http://www.patientspride.com/peritonealdialysistips.html

Have a great week and keep up the great work you are doing.

Linzie