Friday, September 12, 2008

Well, it was an exciting day at dialysis. I received the kit yesterday and took it into the center today. I had not told anyone there that I had gotten a call. I asked the receptionist if she could take care of this (the box) for me and she asked what it was. I said I'm suppose to send blood samples to Vanderbilt, and she says we send samples to them every month. I said, no, this is for my transplant, and she says, but we send them samples every month for that. I said Nooo, Angie, I got a kidney. This is so I can get my kidney. It finally dawned on her what I was saying and she screamed! Then she was screaming to the whole center that I had gotten a kidney. Then she told everybody who came into the center. She was so excited! I'm a pretty laid back person, but I told her I was shaking after her display of excitement! It was so funny. Then she called everybody that wasn't working today. Everybody was very nice and wished me luck, etc. I kind of hated to go in and say, "Hey, I gotta kidney!" when there are so many who have been there longer than me, and some that aren't candidates for a transplant. But they were all very gracious.

No comments: