Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's all over but the shouting . . . . . . .2008, that is!




Yes, Christmas is over, and as usual, we made it through it just fine. That's one lesson I have learned well, that this, too, shall pass. Often it passes into something worse, so you should never complain with the way things are. LOL

I've not been blogging a lot lately. One, the busy-ness of the holidays; and two, I've been trying to do the facebook thing. It's okay, but much too cluttered for me to keep up with. I got a comment on my blog today that was a real encouragment to me. "The Mom" said she had read my whole blog! She is either very brave or a real glutton. But, it does my heart good to think it has really been of benefit to someone else. I hope I'll be able to blog with a little fresher outlook during the next year.

Things have been a little unsettled at dialysis. A new dialysis center will be opening here in the Spring, but not Davita. Several of the staff has quit and will be working at the new place. So we have 4 or 5 new people running things now, and you don't know for sure who is who, and you can only hope that they know what's what.
~Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ve just come across your blog, not sure how I think a Google search engine threw it up for me. I am looking forward to starting at the beginning and have a read. My mum is a renal patient here in the UK and has been for 20 years. She’s just started Haemodialysis last week after her 9 year old transplant failed. Previous to that she was on Peritoneal Dialysis at home but can’t go on that right now as she’s waiting for surgery to remove one of her own kidneys.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting on my blog; nice to hear from you again. I haven't been posting as much either.

Each year, I am less and less tolerant of winter-especially with the short amount of daylight.

I've read a couple of posts from your daughter on one of the Yahoo groups; good luck to her as well.

Happy (belated) New Year!