Saturday, April 11, 2009

I never have anything simple.

CIPS is the diagnosis of my severe foot and leg pains I've been having since last weekend. I googled it and this is the best at explaining it in fairly plain English.
Calcineurin-inhibitor induced pain syndrome (CIPS): a severe disabling complication after organ transplantation.

The reduction of cyclosporine- or tacrolimus trough levels and the administration of calcium channel blockers led to relief of pain. The Calcineurin-inhibitor Induced Pain Syndrome (CIPS) is a rare but severe side effect of cyclosporine or tacrolimus and is accurately diagnosed by its typical presentation, magnetic resonance imaging and bone scans. Incorrect diagnosis of the syndrome will lead to a significant reduction of life quality in patients suffering from CIPS.

Bone pain after transplantation is a frequent complication that can be caused by several diseases. Treatment strategies depend on the correct diagnosis of the pain.

Now, in my own words. I have a deficiency of vitamin D and calcium in my system so it is drawing them from my bones which causes severe pain. The dr. put me on a supplement of calcium and vitamin D and the pain has begun diminishing. Right now the majority of pain is only in my right foot and right leg. I hope it keeps diminishing and will soon be healed. When it does I may just go absolutely and positively bonkers. Ya-hooooo!

No comments: