Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Not Fun Stuff

I've had an interesting, albeit painful, week. Starting during the weekend, I began experiencing pain all over my body; joints, muscles, feet, hands, elbows, knees, thighs, you name it. At first it was kind of like a good case of fibromyalgia flair up, perhaps caused by the weather. But, as time went on, I was noticing that nothing helped. I tried tylenol first with no results, and then I tried my pain meds from the surgery. It helped some but did not get rid of it, nor has it gotten any better the days hence.

I checked my notebook and it said to call the Vanderbilt team if I had pain or flu-like symtoms. I've never had the actual flu, but from all the descriptions I've heard, this would qualify. The nurse I spoke with said she had never gotten symptoms like this and didn't know what I should do. She called the dr. and he said to take 1 or 2 pain pills every 4-6 hours. He preferred one pill every six hours. So, that is where I am. I've also tried being very still and relaxed in the recliner and even tried using the heating pad.

I went to sleep in the chair and thought I could get some sleep, but later I awoke thinking it was early morning. It was early all right and still dark out. I got up and looked at the clock. It said 1:05 and I thought the clock must have stopped. I looked at a couple more clocks and they also said 1:05. I had not slept long at all. I'm anxious to get to my appt. tomorrow and see if we can figure out what's going on. I'm hoping and praying that I can get the drainage tube removed tomorrow. arrrrgh! Besides my aches and pains, my hands and feet have been cramping! I'm so ready to be healed. ~Later

1 comment:

GoingHisWay said...

I can't wait for your next update! What was causing so much pain???