Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Ba-aaaaack!

It's been awhile, hasn't it? We finally had the Kidney Walk Sunday afternoon (May 3). The whole weekend was quite a deal. First we had a family reunion on Saturday and then the Kidney Walk on Sunday.

The Walk was kind of a whirl. We worked very hard and it showed. I was surprised to learn that our team was the top team fundraisers, I was the individual top fundraiser, and my dialysis center, DaVita,Inc, was the top dialysis center fundraiser. They also had a banner contest this year and I got third place in that. Considering I spent half the night before the walk getting it done I was quite surprised to even place.

Goody bags and tee shirts, prizes, food, old friends, and playground for the kids, I think everyone had a good time. When we first got there all the kidney patients, whether dialysis or transplant, received a kidney-shaped medallion with the Kidney Walk emblem and the words "kidney Champions" below it.


It has been very stormy with lots of rain for a week and looked quite stormy May 3. Although everything was wet, the weather held off for the whole walk and it was quite nice.

I don't know if I will be allowed to be a team captain or not next year, at least for the center, since I'm no longer a patient there. I'll have to check into that.
Here it is Tues. and I'm still somewhat wiped out. It's good to have one project finished and ready for a new one. ~Later

No comments: