Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A New Day Dawning . . .

Well, glory! Carey Barr (wife and nurse practitioner of Dr. Barr)was doing rounds at the center yesterday and I showed her my arm. She immediately ordered an IV dose of antibiotics and called in a prescription for 3X a day. By last night I was feeling like a human (almost). One of those cases where you don't realize how bad you were until you get better. My arm is still quite sore and swollen but I can tell a big difference. Even in my head, throat and chest as well as my arm. I am weary to death of this constant difficulties. I am so ready for something different. But I know that challenges are going to be the order of the day from now on.

~Later

4 comments:

Joyful Mother said...

Mom, as I prayed for you this morning - it *was* for something different! Praying for brighter days ahead. I love you!

Faith said...

I am so happy to have found your blog. I know nothing about blogging...but I know some about your dialysis story. I started D on July 30, 2007 and I have had a temporary catheter, then a permanent catheter. I have had one fistula surgery which never matured and now they want me to have another one...that looks to be exactly like the one you got, from what they described to me and from the pics you posted. I am very reluctant...though I know the catheter is not a permanent solution, as I have had it three months and just had to have a "stripping" procedure to clean it out.
I am 52, female and a Christian who believes in prayer and healing! I would love to communicate with you, if you would care to.

Anonymous said...

Faith,
You left no email address so I hope you see this. You can email me at stamperann@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

~Ann

Anonymous said...

you should consider home based dialysis. You have control.