Saturday, February 23, 2008

Brittle Nails



One of the things I've noticed the most since being on dialysis is the health of my fingernails. I've always had VERY hard nails and had no problem growing nice nails. But since the start of dialysis they have progressively gotten brittle, chipped, flaked, and in all around bad condition. I've asked everyone I know to ask and the only inkling of information was that they would check my thyroid function. I'm not sure what that has to do with the nails, but I finally came across a PKD site that confirmed my suspicions that it is related to the PKD.

I would also like to know what to do about the loss of my hair. As with my nails, I've always had very thick, healthy hair, but it is getting very thin in front and top. Would appreciate any info anyone has concerning this.

No comments: