Monday, February 25, 2008

A Day of All Days! (PG-13 ....or maybe R for some, and you KNOW who you are.)



What a day I had today! Where do I begin? First of all, It's 2:03 PM and I just got home. That will say something to those who know. I'm usually home about 1:00. I don't remember if I've told you about them having some trouble getting the upper needle in the vein because of scar tissue. They can feel the vein, and think it's right there, but when they go in, no success. The same today. And the access kept . . . uhhhhhh. . . leaking. And then hurting. Finally, with about an hour left on my time, we decided to re-stick me. So I had three needles in my arm. I didn't know they would keep them all in to the end, until today. It finally did okay until time to come off. More bleeding. I bet they had to change pads 10-12 times throughout the whole process. Anyway, I'm home with three bandaids. Hoorah! It had to be really trying for the nurses, especially since state inspectors walked in today!!! Rats! But, they performed with their usual excellent care.

Sigh! ~Later

2 comments:

Joyful Mother said...

((Mom))

Emily said...

boy I am getting a lot of screen time here lately, you must really love me. And that was not R. PG-13 yes but not R.