Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Report

It was a long day but not so very bad. The dr. said people with my statis usually get called in the second or third year. Only 8 vials of blood were taken, one EKG and X-ray. Just the riding and sitting wears me out. And of course, it was get up and go this morning. I just wish I could have a vacation from dialysis so I could catch up on some things. But that isn't possible, so I whine.

Monday the nurse practitioner told me to take the sensipar every other day. The dr. and nutritionist today decided that I shouldn't take it. They discussed halving it. I read on a website that it said do not halve it. They said it also says not to skip a day. So, everybody has an opinion. And the patient just does whatever they're told. Can we say yo-yo? Some day I may just get enough of all this.

~Later

3 comments:

Dianne Adams said...

Ann,
I'm still reading...You are a real trooper with such a positive attitude.

Anonymous said...

The thing that bothered me the most about the yearly pre-transplant eval visits was that I had to have a Dobutamine Stress Test. I'd take the multiple vial of bloods, the wait to see everyone, etc., but that stress test was NOT fun....

Hang in there; medicine is not an exact science, and a lot of the variations in treatments are educated guesses.

~Da Grandma said...

Yeah, that's why they call what they do "practice."