Thursday, December 18, 2008

Whining

It's been awhile since I've written. A lot going on, and I just didn't feel like writing. Dialysis hasn't created any problems lately except the usual boredom, and depression. With daughter, Becky, preparing for dialysis at age 42, it's been an adjustment for me. Me on dialysis was okay. A relief in a way, I'd been expecting it for 25 years. Then there's the daylight savings time making it dark sometimes at 4:30. It closes in on me. It's been rainy and foggy and cold. I can't motivate myself. There's so much that needs doing. I'd just like to crawl into a hole for a week or so. That would be soooo helpful.

Well, now that I have probably cheered you up royally, I will leave.
~Later

1 comment:

TheMom said...

Hello from a fellow Grandma and PKDer! I've just finished reading your entire blog, which I enjoyed btw. ^^ I'm not at the dialysis stage yet but getting their fast.

I found out about my PKD when I was in my late 20's after a motorcycle trip out west when some kidney stones were rattled loose! After that I rather ignored the fact and went on with things until blood pressure and pain smacked me back into reality.

So about 18 years after finding out, I'm suffering with severe anemia, stones, bp issues, and other assorted fun stuff from PKD. I've been trying to read up on people dealing with dialysis so I am prepared for some of the bumps in the road but my hubby isn't too keen on the idea. He knows it scares me and he really isn't the understanding/comforting kind so it tends to aggravate him.

Anyways, keep on blogging "Da Grandma" (I usually go by the handle TheMom ^^) because you ARE helping at least one person out here in cyber space.

Thank you very much!