Monday, December 24, 2007

The Pain of the Holidays

I'm still in a good bit of pain. No strength in my muscles, therefore I'm shaky. Got to keep going. Elizabeth and Janie came and helped out Satuday, and Elizabeth came again Sunday afternoon. My living room looks wonderful, some of the presents are wrapped, But still have cleaning, cooking and heaven knows what else. My lower back, hips, knees, shoulders, head, legs, and feet all hurt! Doesn't leave much out, does it?

On the upside, dialysis went really good yesterday. I think we've figured out what is causing some of the bleeding. Because the center closes on Christmas, everything gets re-scheduled. Instead of Monday, I went Sunday. I swapped times with someone so I wouldn't miss church. I got up at 5:00 AM so I could get to dialysis at 6:00 and be through in time to attend. The choir was scheduled to sing their Christmas musical song, O Holy Night, where Emily sang the lead solo. A substantial portion of the choir was absent so the leader thought it best not to sing it as it's such a difficult song. Oh well, the best laid plans....... I did, however, get to enjoy Emily's solo, "One King", at our candlelight service Sunday night. It was beautiful as always.

Well, I must attack my day. ~Later

No comments: