Monday, December 3, 2007

Guess I Need to Be Kept Humble!



I didn't write about the rest of my excitement Friday at dialysis. I was feeling really chipper after the Dr. gave me the additional 15 minutes, so when my time was up and they had the clamps on, I got up and put my pillows away, zipped 'em up, etc. I knew better than to be moving around doing stuff before my 15 min. clamp time. Made it fine until I got out to the car and started to put my stuff in the trunk, and then Old Faithful gushed forth. You have to immediately put pressure on it, which I did and then went back in for another 15 min. clamp on that particular site. Later when Emily came by the house, she came in and said, "What happened? It looks like a crime scene out there on your bumper!" Sure enough, I had dripped onto the bumper. Fine. I cleaned it up.

Today I made sure I didn't move for 15 min. with the clamps. But my access hurt anyway, but I thought it was no big deal. I got packed up without using my left arm, went to the lobby and called William and said I was ready. Hung up. Stood up....and proceeded to create a major crime scene in the lobby! Don't know what is going on with that, but experience is the best teacher. Any kind of pain or discomfort should always be addressed immediately! Evidently, the clamps were not positioned "just right" so the access could heal itself over. How many times will it take before I learn not to take anything for granted? I think I might remember from now on.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Next time I come the CSI crew will be there and I'll have to beat somebody up...after I have gotten over passing out :) you know me and blood.