Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday was my last appointment with one of the doctors I've been seeing. And I am finally rid of the 29 staples they used to close the incision. Wonderful relief!!

I had visions of me journaling all the details of my journey through transplant, but somehow I've found it too tedious, yes, even for me. So, I'm managing to hit the high spots and hope that is helpful. All my days seems to run together. I have been able to see some improvement each week and that's very encouraging.

Yesterday after my appt. my dear sweet hubby took us to the Olive Garden. M--m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-! One of my favorites! Didn't have time to do any shopping though. We just barely made it home in time to go to church.

The kidney walk is in about two weeks. I guess I'm prepared, but not as much as I would like to be. The surgery put me behind, but everybody has done well so I'm not complaining. Hope you will support the National Kidney Foundation wherever you live. It's a good cause.

~Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you planning to copy this to your caringbridge site?

Please check out caleb gill's site when you are there. Things are not looking good for him. It's so sad. ~EP

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi,

I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Kidney Failure Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff