Saturday, October 6, 2007


Yes, I've been amiss in my blogging this week. Three days to dialysis, as you know. One day to the orthopedic dr. That place was covered up! They almost acted like they'd never seen me before. They knew it was my second visit, but had no idea of what they had done or told me last time. Basically, I came away with the thought that it just isn't worth the effort. I know most everyone who knows me is having a fit because you think I am going to bypass medical care that I probably need. Not so. Please give me some credit. I've lived with enough of this stuff that I know my body a little better than someone who doesn't know me at all. I just don't need the stress of filling every day with appts. to doctors that is not really going to add any benefit to my life. I just need to manage the pain, and get some rest. That's a little simplified, but I can do it.

Dad and I are a little frustrated. After all the time we put in trying to plan and work toward retirement so we would be okay, and not dependent on anyone, we find ourselves tossed to and fro by the medical and financial community. Nobody seems to know what they're doing. Every one of the people we speak to tells something different. And they can't give out our confidential information even to us. uuuuuuuh......duh! How stupid is that?

William has been taking care of it because he knows all the ins and outs so far to date. If I ever have to take over, it isn't going to be pretty. Right now, I just rely on the fact that Jesus is Lord, and I know that He is in control of whatever happens. This is all temporary. This is not our home. We are just passing through. But I would like for the journey to be as unchaotic as possible.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, you do make me wonder what I have to look forward to.
My husband and I were ever so smart and started saving for our future at 23. Now it may not be enough. We wanted to use the money to travel after we were done raising our four children, that is if you ever are done.