Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Day After . . . . . . .



Okay, here's the good, the bad, and the ugly. Not a pretty picture, I know, but I tell it like it "is". Got to Saint Thomas on time, got checked in pretty easily as we pre-registered before we left last week. The surgery went fine - as far as I know. I was asleep, so what could I know? I'm always amazed when I wake up in recovery to know that it has been erased from my memory. They gave me a pretty strong pain reliever on an empty stomach and that was quite interesting. I was awake and asleep at the same time. Now, don't try to convince me that isn't possible for I lived it! I won't try to explain it, just trust me.

The arm is pretty swollen and bruised, and sore. Each day will bring improvement I'm sure. It was rough getting up and going to dialysis, but I didn't take anything with me except my earphones for the TV, and tried to sleep. I didn't get too far with that. My feet were cramping before my time was up. Then I found out that they had put me on for 30 extra minutes. Kids, this is why it's important to learn your math, okay?!! 180 minutes is 3 hours, not 3 hours and a half! This has happened several times. I'm gonna have to start checking what they put me on for.. I sat there with cramping feet for 30 minutes that was totally unnecessary. Whine, whine!
~Later

No comments: