Saturday, March 8, 2008

Saturday Catch Up

I did indeed go to the Dr. Thurs. and sat in the waiting room for 2+ hours before I'm taken into the examining room. Told him what had been happening. He feels it with his hand and says there's a good pulse above and below the spot. Said they needed to use the space above the spot. I said that's what they did (duh) when they stuck me for the fourth time! He set me up for a 'test' on Tuesday to see what is going on. (It took the receptionist 15 min. to make the lab understand what kind of test they wanted. The couldn't find the right name on their list.) Pardon me for my attitude, but it just didn't seem to concern him very much. And maybe it doesn't. I'm sure he sees this stuff every day. I'm not an alarmist, but I don't want to play around if something needs to be done. Anyway, I go to dialysis Friday and everything goes well. But, this morning I wake up and feel my arm (you're suppose to check it every day) and I feel no pulse except a small one in the bend of my elbow. If you've ever felt, or even seen for that matter, a dialysis access you know that you can see it pumping a block away. Sooo, it's Saturday, which means trying to get ahold of someone, and a bunch of run-around. I think I will go to the center (it's only about 2 blocks from my house) and let them check it out and they might be able to get something going with the drs. I'm just not sure I want to see the same dr. who did my surgery and I saw Thurs. I'm not real confident with him.
Prayers gratefully accepted. ~Later

No comments: