Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Dialysis doesn't take any holidays off except Christmas. We had our family get-together at Joe and Jessica's yesterday. We got a family photo which you can view in the "grandchildren" section. Dialysis went great today. Since I have quit using clamps I have not bled one time after dialysis! In fact, the site is usually ready to go after five minutes. After 5 minutes I take off any pressure, after 10 minutes I take off the tape and cotton ball. Then I watch it for another 5 minutes, put a bandaid over it and I'm good to go! And the bandaids stay clean! Why oh why don't they educate the nurses and patients in the possibility of alternative techniques?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you aren't clamping, and that it's going better.

If I were an inventor, I would invent a clamp that could apply the same amount of pressure as a finger, rather than the spring loaded "brute force" clamps they use at dialysis.