Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thursday

Here I am again! Just got home from dialysis. I have used my new fistula twice this week and so far everything is fine. No bleeding, and hardly any bruising at all. Just achy and sore from laying there, and after the trip to the dr. yesterday which always makes me sore just riding. When they sat me up my heart did the little flutter thing but has quit very quickly. Yesterday it lasted until the late afternoon. And always, fatigue. I went in at 7:00 this morning and got through early. They call me when they have a chair available early since I live so close. I'm very thankful that the center is so close to our home. When I left, a lady who was through at twenty minutes til 10:00 was still waiting for her public transportation at 11:15, and she has a very long ride to another county to get home. That's it for today. I think I see a nap in my near future. ~Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the fistula. Just some advice, from someone who learned the hard way: if you start getting large lumps along the fistula, and/or decreased buzzing, insist on a fistulagram. I developed lumps, and when I had my fistulagram, they found 5 areas of narrowing (about 6 months after starting dialysis), and some aneurysms. I've already had 3 procedures to "balloon" them open, and still need some stents put in.

BTW, I have PKD as well.

Jeff